Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
JOB TITLE: Director of Operations Engineering
DEPARTMENT: Fab Operations
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Wafer Fab
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Fab Operations Engineering
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
To provide leadership to the Epitaxy, Process and Product Engineering Functions within the Caswell chip manufacturing facility. To work closely with the Manufacturing functions to ensure high yields, efficient processes and short cycle times. To assist the R&D team in delivering New Product Introduction activities in a timely and robust manner. Together with R and D jointly maintain a Process development roadmap which supports the future needs of the InP product portfolio.
- Direct, develop and lead the Epitaxy, Process and Product Engineering functions
- Drive continuous improvement in process design, cost savings, quality and resource utilisation.
- Develop major engineering goals to support chip manufacturing objectives.
- Responsible for yield monitoring activities and for the delivery of yield improvement actions.
- Ownership of manufacturing related aspects of the SAP S4 HANA activities.
- Sponsor cross-qualification to achieve manufacturing resilience.
- Strategy planning for annual and 3yr planning cycles.
- Identify and drive delivery of new tooling programmes for continued manufacturing capability and capacity.
- Manage overall chip manufacturing engineering budget and costs.
- Responsible for all policies developed within the Epitaxy, Process and Product Engineering functions.
- Ensure all chip manufacturing engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with Oclaro’s established policies and objectives.
- Where appropriate, provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
- Minimum 2nd Class Bachelor’s Degree in Semiconductor Engineering or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the overall Epitaxy, Process and Product Engineering departmental functions.
- Understanding and application of challenges faced by R&D and manufacturing teams.
- 6+ years of senior managerial experience.
- Experience of working within a high-technology manufacturing or production environment essential.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Self-motivated and dependable with good communication skills.
- Ability to form and lead teams in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, alone or as a part of a team.
- Must have a professional attitude to work and to colleagues.
- A flexible approach to work and customer demand.
Occasional travel to other Oclaro sites in the UK, US or Asia will be required.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position