Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications
JOB TITLE: Epitaxy Equipment Engineer DEPARTMENT: Epitaxy
REPORTS TO: Epitaxy Equipment Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Equipment Maintenance
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
To perform equipment maintenance and engineering operations within the Epitaxy (MOCVD) department, in particular this will include:
- Day to day production equipment support.
- Fault finding and repair of production equipment and associated systems.
- Working with specialist tools that process various hazardous chemicals.
- Use of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
- Working within a cleanroom environment with the prerequisite use of cleanroom clothing.
- Working with various computer software packages including specialist or bespoke computer systems.
- Repair and maintenance of specialist MOCVD semiconductor processing equipment.
- Develop and deliver preventative maintenance strategies to maximise equipment utilisation and up-time.
- Develop and maintain critical spares strategies.
- In conjunction with Process Engineers, propose and implement strategies to improve tool performance.
- Liaison with equipment and spares suppliers and specialist service providers.
- Supervision of external contractors and field service engineers.
- Meet individual and team targets and objectives.
- Adhere to all site safety and environmental procedures.
- Support of site emergency response function.
- An HNC in an electrical/electronic discipline and/or 3 years of directly related experience.
- Proven equipment engineering experience and electrical/electronic engineering skills.
- Ability to work as a part of team to achieve targets whilst utilising a variety of communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision whilst ensuring all tasks are completed.
- Competent PC user (including the use of Microsoft Office).
- Working within a high-technology manufacturing or production environment an advantage.
- Working with hazardous gasses within a cleanroom environment advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of computer controlled semiconductor processing equipment (especially MOCVD systems) or vacuum systems an advantage.
- Knowledge of manufacturing execution systems such as PROMIS an advantage.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Self-motivated and dependable.
- Good communication skills.
- Well organised and focused on service delivery.
- Ability to work under pressure, alone or as a part of a team.
- Excellent attendance, timekeeping and punctuality.
- Must have a professional attitude to work and to colleagues.
- A flexible approach to work and customer demand.
MISCELLANEOUS (e.g. Shift-working)
Shift patterns will be rotating (early shift / late shift), with overtime as determined by production requirements. Rostered emergency call out and occasional night shift working may be required.
The ability to attend site is essential, the site is situated in a rural location and is not served by public transport.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, marital status, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position