Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
To perform manufacturing operations within the Epitaxy (MOCVD) department Caswell, in particular this will include:
- Working with various hazardous chemicals on daily basis (acids and solvents).
- Basic operations of MOCVD reactors.
- Supporting day to day production across of all stages of epitaxy.
- Working with various computer software packages including specialist or bespoke computer systems.
- Analysis and interpretation of material characterisation data.
- Using microscopes to inspect processed material.
- Working in accordance with quality and safety policies.
- Working within a cleanroom environment with the prerequisite use of cleanroom clothing.
- Carry out manufacturing activities according to controlled process instructions.
- Set up, adjust, and operate a variety of complex computer controlled equipment involved in the manufacture of photonic devices and other related products.
- Perform wet processes, wafers characterisation, data recording and production support functions as pertains to the epitaxy (MOCVD) process to ensure planned yields and cycle times are met.
- Maintain daily checklists for process equipment.
- Liaise with colleagues of all levels and areas.
- Meet set individual and team targets and objectives.
- Adhere to all site safety and environmental procedures.
- Ability to work as a part of team to achieve targets whilst utilising a variety of communication skills.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision whilst ensuring all tasks are completed.
- Ability to follow detailed both written and/or verbal instructions.
- Capacity to multi task whilst maintaining precise attention to detail.
- Working with a PC including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to details and manual dexterity.
- Working within a high-technology manufacturing or production environment an advantage.
- Working within a cleanroom environment advantageous but not essential.
- Working with laboratory environment an advantage.
- Experience of working with chemicals an advantage.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Self-motivated and dependable.
- Well organised and focused on service delivery.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure both alone or as a part of a team.
- Excellent attendance, timekeeping and punctuality.
- Must have a professional attitude to work and to colleagues.
- A flexible approach to work and customer demand.
MISCELLANEOUS (e.g. Shift-working)
Initial shift pattern for a period of one month to be agreed. The long term shift pattern will be 12 hours shift – 2 days, 2 night, and 4 days off.
The ability to attend site is essential, the site is situated in a rural location and is not served by public transport.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position