Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Position Reports to: President, Integrated Photonics Division and the Chief Operating Officer
Location of Position: San Jose, CA
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the President, Integrated Photonics Division and the EVP, Global Operations. This role performs routine and advanced administrative duties. Duties frequently require independent action, and a high degree of initiative is required in performing the duties required of the position and in resolving problems and developing recommendations. The position also acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and uses previous experience as an Executive Assistant to contribute to the development of concepts and techniques and to complete tasks in an effective and creative way.
Executive Assistant Job Duties
- Manages calendar and independently schedules appointments for corporate executives
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, reserves and prepares facilities
- Processes executive expense reports, prepares PowerPoint presentations, attends Admin Team meetings, member of Events & Activities committee
- Receptionist break and lunch coverage as needed
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with complexity
- Keen observation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent judgment
- Self starter and able to make important decisions within the scope of their duties on a daily basis.
- Tolerance for stress
- Works both independently and as a team player
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in supporting C-Level Executives
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications for word processing, presentations, and database management
- Excellent spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Experience working with a global technology company preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not essential if individual can demonstrate more than 10 years’ experience in supporting senior level executives
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent program management skills (Planning, maintaining schedules and driving process improvement)
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Outlook, and internet/web search
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position