Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Position Reports to: Corporate Controller
Location of position: San Jose, CA
This position will own the payroll process for the Oclaro’s U.S. operations.
- Prepares and processes biweekly payroll (regular salaries, bonuses, commissions, PTOs, deductions, withholdings, etc.) for U.S. employees; reviews and ensures accuracy of approved timesheets; tracks and deducts all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Prepares pay by verifying time records/data; calculating and producing checks or electronic transfers; calculating and paying commissions, and various other incentive bonuses
- Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries; working with internal accounting department on payroll processes and reconciliation
- Understands proper taxation and calculation of employer paid benefits and garnishments
- Determines payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401(k) transfers, direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments.
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings, etc.
- Processes accurate and timely quarter and year-end reporting and compliance (961’s, W-2, W-2c, etc.); prepares and files various payroll and tax reports.
- Partners with internal team. Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. labor” home” work, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Handles the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Sets up each employee, validates programs for each employee’s charges and adherence to FLSA; monitors submissions of approved timesheets, ensures valid data transfers to/from payroll service
- Establishes/maintains employee records; ensures that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; reviews changes for proper authorization and adherence to APA policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Reconciles and audits payroll prior to transmission against approved documents and validates confirmed reports, including semi-monthly reconciliations of HSA/FSA/401k deductions
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests from internal and external sources. Provides employment verifications
- 5-8+ years of full-cycle payroll processing experience
- Experience managing an outsourced payroll vendor
- Experience and strong understanding of employee and employer payroll taxes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with difficult, sensitive, and confidential issues
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability
Apply for this position