Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Reports to: NPI/R&D Manager
Function: InP Chip Engineering
- Product development and research in III/V optoelectronic components: Photonic Integrated Circuit Design.
- Product development of new and improved photonic devices and photonic integrated circuits (PICs), for coherent detection and direct detection systems above 100 Gb/s.
- Research and development of photonic III-V semiconductor device technologies, design methodologies, fabrication techniques and systems applications
- Activities will include PIC device design & modelling (optical waveguides, semiconductor materials and physics, RF, and others), followed by experimental characterisation and performance investigation.
- You will work in a team with other talented scientists and engineers developing state of the art photonic technology, devices and systems for the telecommunications industry and other fields
- Working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and with many different skills to solve challenging problems with real commercial impact
- Opportunity to learn a wide range of skills and apply them immediately.
Education/Qualification – Minimum:
- PhD in physics, electrical/electronic engineering, materials science or a related discipline.
- Specific qualifications in optics, optoelectronics, semiconductor technology, solid state physics, electronics or telecommunications.
- Background in physics, electronic/electrical engineering or a related discipline
- Ability to use scientific and engineering reasoning in a wide range of situations
- Specialized knowledge and skills in relevant areas (e.g. semiconductor device physics, design, testing, electronic design, software development).
- Specific relevant areas of previous experience include semiconductor materials and devices, semiconductor lasers, semiconductor optical amplifiers (SOA), optical modulators, photonic integrated circuits (PIC), PIC design software, microwave/millimeter-wave RF, and 10/40/100G circuitry.
- Opto-electronic component/wafer processing
This post is for a candidate who has a relevant PhD and at least 3 years PIC design experience. (Exceptional candidates with relevant PhD and 0-2 years experience will also be considered).
- Energy, enthusiasm and interest in subject
- Versatility, willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to think independently, show initiative and enterprise
- Innovative problem solving
- Ability to work in a team
- Able communicator with a good standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to travel worldwide to visit other Oclaro engineering teams.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position