Oclaro, Inc. is a leading provider of optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical transport, service provider, wireless backhaul, enterprise and data center markets. Oclaro provides differentiated solutions for optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP, Software as a Service and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Position Reports to: Manager, Value Engineering & Lean Mfg.
Location of position: San Donato, Italy
This is a technical leadership position requiring innovation and involving cross-functional coordination. The main focus will consist of: involving in product development and transfer to manufacturing successfully, collaborate and provide technical advice to R&D and manufacturing teams to ensure of product quality, product cost and manufacturing efficiency. The scope covers from beginning (NPI) until end of product life cycle (EOL). Multiple projects may be managed at one time.
As Product Engineer you will be responsible for the improvement, updating and enhancement of existing and new products offered in the Oclaro portfolio. You will be expected to be a technical expert in product, use statistical tools and to meet quality and cost targets. You will work with local operation teams to solve problems such as failure mode analysis, yield, quality, flow optimization and product manufacturability methods.
- Control new product introduction from design into manufacture at contract manufacturing (CM) location(s).
- Involving product development team from development phase
- Planning, preparing and executing alpha and/or beta sample build, ensuring on target deliveries.
- Coordinating with Design Authorities on developing production test specifications and SPC parameters selection
- Together with PLT teams, defining, developing and deploying the necessary flows, processes and tools to realize a competitive and manufacturable product assuring a seamless handover to CM teams at manufacturing phase
- Monitor and control the products in general availability phase through contract manufacturer team.
- Acting as technical interface between the product development team and the production side (Front End and Back End)
- Responsible for product cost monitoring and drive for competitive product cost.
- Working to improve the product quality and secure the product reliability by balancing cost of test and test coverage that could impact the production fall-of
- Working cross-functionally to develop ideas for new products, processes, components.
- Able to define project plans, identifies and takes the necessary actions to complete own and project tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage project teams and resources (for senior level and above)
- Bachelor Degree (or higher) in Optics, Electronics, Semiconductors, telecommunication or equivalent technical discipline.
- 5 years+ of working experience in manufacturing or a related industry
- Fluent English
- Ability to work effectively in an international team environment and interact with all function and levels
- Masters knowledge of process validation procedures and techniques, e.g. process and product FMEA, Ishikawa diagrams, capability studies, analysis, parts and process acceptance
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications and Minitab (knowledge of SAP or Labview is an advantage)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position