Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
It’s an exciting time for optical communications. We are at the forefront of delivering new solutions that are changing the way we live, work and play and you can be a part of this worldwide transformation. Join us, and be part of a global team changing how the world connects.
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
REPORTS TO: Product Environmental Manager
LOCATION: Caswell, UK
The role is responsible for Product Environmental Compliance and related duties.
- Work with applicable team members to check and support compliance of Oclaro products in accordance with the Oclaro product environmental procedure and related documents and systems.
- Prepare/normalize supplier data for import to database and maintain related database records.
- Provide support relating to product environmental legal or standards updates, which may necessitate editing procedures, forms, policies, company internal communications, supplier communications, etc.
- Conduct data analysis and audit as required relating to the engineering new product introduction or product change process: supporting maintenance of product legal technical file documentation for new products or any product affected by changes, to assure continued compliance of affected products to applicable laws or standards, or other reporting obligations defined for each product per intended market and per company procedure.
- Check for missing data (gap analysis) and audit data quality against procedural legal acceptance standards criteria and highlighting problems/unusual or missing data to relevant colleagues/teams, including missing or problem data relating to new or changing product as above.
- Maintain records of legal reviews, audit trails, or other related data, chemicals calculations and communications or other supporting evidence pertinent to legal compliance etc.
Product Environmental Team maintains relationships in all Oclaro locations/all regions.
- Higher education qualification, (eg Diploma, Bachelors or Master’s Degree, etc) ideally in an appropriate environmental science or other science (eg Chemistry) or an appropriate technology related discipline (eg Computing).
- Oclaro will fund your training towards an appropriate Environmental Professional Institute membership (eg IEMA practitioner).
- Knowledge of working with International Electronics Industry applicable laws and reporting standards such as International Electrotechnical Commission materials declaration standard IEC6247 declarable substance lists, or individual laws as applicable.
- Some knowledge of US conflict Minerals Law (Dodd Frank section 1502) and component supplier data/smelter due diligence investigation (Conflict Free Smelter Initiative methods).
- Monitoring and acting on new or changing legal situations eg EU Conflict Minerals will be a future concern and other new or changing laws can impact electronics industry parts and products.
- Computer literacy including database and data manipulation and management, advanced Excel Workbooks, Word and good keyboard skills.
- Numeracy and attention to detail (accuracy/checking).
- Ability to read technical drawings and calculate volumes of materials from dimensions in drawings.
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality with regard to customer information and Oclaro intellectual property (eg product bills of material, technical drawings, product constituent chemicals, customer information). A non-disclosure agreement will need to be adhered.
- Be adaptable and willing to undertake reasonable duties outside the job description.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, martial status, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position