Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Position Reports to: VP Sales Americas
Location of position: Home based – Eastern or South Central US
The Oclaro Regional Sales Manager is the primary liaison between our customers and the internal teams responsible for Product Line Management, Development, and Operations. The Regional Sales Manager supports current business, and drives the acquisition of new business through Manufacturer’s Representative channel partners and via direct engagement with customers. The Regional Sales Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Sales for the region. Candidates must have the ability to work closely with cross-cultural, cross-functional teams in multiple geographies to communicate customer requirements and influence product definition, executing complex sales activities in a short amount of time.
- Manage all activity (commercial and technical) with customers within geographic region.
- Ensure clear, concise communication between customers and Oclaro team.
- Build strong relationships with customers that result in strategic advantage for Oclaro and growth of regional business.
- Develop and execute account plans consistent with product line and corporate strategies.
- Lead and execute all commercial responses to product inquiries, from initial RFI to full documentation submission for RFQ response.
- Provide Oclaro with data and analysis on customers, competition and end users.
- Provide Oclaro with updated revenue forecast for customers within the area.
- Prospect and bring in new customers within territory, establishing new relationships from initial product discussion through closure.
- Help resolve quality and warranty issues and insure both customers and Oclaro meet their commitments.
- Be a part of and support teammates in the Sales organization.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications and Data communications markets
- Strong technical background
- Able to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Understanding of sales channel partner models
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in a technical discipline (optics, physics or engineering) preferred.
- A Minimum of 7 years of sales experience (in telecommunication, optics, and/or IC industries), required.
- Previous experience selling into North American communications customers is required.
- Ability to fluently speak English
- Experience working in multi-site and multi-culture environments a plus
- Must be willing and comfortable to travel (40%) • Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- High degree of professionalism with advanced presentation skills
- Able to build trusted partner relationships with C level contacts at customers
- Comfortable developing and executing strategic account plans
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability
Apply for this position