Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Position Reports to: Sr. Director, Sales – West
Location of position: Corporate office, San Jose, CA
The Oclaro Regional Sales Manager is the primary liaison between our customers and the internal teams responsible for Product Line Management, Development, and Operations. The Regional Sales Manager supports current business, and drives the acquisition of new business. The Regional Sales Manager reports directly to the Sr. Director of Sales for the region. Candidates must have the ability to work with cross-cultural, cross-functional teams in multiple geographies on product design, able to execute complex activities in a short amount of time.
• Manage all activity (commercial and technical) with customers within geographic region.
• Insure clear, concise communication between customers and Oclaro team.
• Build strong relationships with customers that result in strategic advantage for Oclaro and growth of regional business.
• Develop and execute account plans consistent with product line and corporate strategies.
• Lead and execute all commercial responses to product inquiries, from initial RFI to full documentation submission for RFQ response.
• Provide Oclaro with data and analysis on customers, competition and end users.
• Provide Oclaro with updated revenue forecast for customers within the area.
• Prospect and bring in new customers within territory, establishing new relationships from initial product discussion through closure.
• Help resolve quality and warranty issues and insure both customers and Oclaro meet their commitments.
• Be a part of and support teammates on the Sales Team.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS: Solid understanding of Oclaro product portfolio
• Strong technical background
• Ability to work independently and in Teams
• Excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BS degree in a technical discipline (optics, physics or engineering preferred)
• Minimum 5 years of account management, sales, or business development experience; ideally in telecommunication, optics, and/or laser industries required
• Previous experience selling into North American customers is required
• Ability to fluently speak English
• Experience working in multi-site and multi-culture environments a plus
Must be willing to travel (25%)
• Excellent phone, written, and verbal communications skills
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Advanced-level presentation skills
• Ability to work with customers and develop strong relationships
• Ability to develop and execute account plans
• Ability to think strategically across numerous Product lines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability