Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Process Engineer with responsibility for dielectric PECVD and ALD processes.
You will provide Dielectric Process Engineering support to the manufacturing teams based at the Caswell site. The role will primarily entail day to day production process support with a view to minimising scrap and cycle time whilst providing process support to the manufacturing team.
- Maintain and improve the dielectric deposition processes.
- Analysis of tool and process data with continuous improvement based on SPC and 6-sigma principles.
- Equipment cross-qualification to ensure continuity of supply and to improve wafer fab capacity and cycle time.
- Prepare and review technical documentation of procedures, publish results and provide training to technicians.
- Ensure high levels of tool availability through use of effective process and tool control strategies.
- Analyse, interpret and respond to measured product data in a timely fashion.
- Apply Lean techniques so as to improve process outcomes and tool performance.
- Liaise with the Product and Test Engineering groups in respect of test results and device performance.
- Assist the Equipment Engineering group with fault finding and recovery of process tools and to assist with developing improved tooling and tool support strategies
- Meet individual and team targets and objectives.
- Working within a cleanroom environment with the prerequisite use of cleanroom clothing.
- Working with various computer software packages including specialist or bespoke computer systems.
- Adhere to all site safety and environmental procedures.
- You will work within a multi-disciplined team from a wide range of backgrounds and broad skills base to solve challenging problems with real commercial impact.
- You will provide a professional quality of work in a cost and time conscious environment.
- You will develop an in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- he role presents significant opportunities for personal development and immediate contribution.
- An HNC or Degree in a semiconductor discipline and/or 3 years of directly related experience.
- Proven semiconductor process engineering experience,
- Familiarity with SPC, 6s and similar methodologies.
- Experience of computer controlled semiconductor processing equipment or vacuum systems.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work as a part of a team to achieve targets whilst using a variety of communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision whilst ensuring that all tasks are completed.
- Competent PC user (including the use of Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of photonic integrated circuit manufacture would be an advantage
- Working within a high-technology manufacturing or production environment an advantage.
- Knowledge of manufacturing execution systems (MES) such as PROMIS and MES concepts such as product re-work procedures, task scheduling, data collection and SPC an advantage
- Meticulous, attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure, alone or as a part of a team.
- Excellent attendance, timekeeping and punctuality.
- Self-motivated and dependable with good communication skills.
- Must have a professional attitude to work and to colleagues.
- A flexible approach to work and customer demand.
- Working pattern will normally be days (9am-5pm), with overtime as determined by production requirements.
- Out-of-hours support and occasional shift (including night) working may be required.
- The ability to attend site is essential, the site is situated in a rural location and is not served by public transport.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability
Apply for this position