Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR), is a leader in optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical, enterprise and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation, photonics integration, and subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications.
Position Reports to: Sr. Director, Product Line Management
Function/Department: Product Marketing
Location of position: San Jose, California
This position is responsible for managing the lifecycle of a very high visibility product portfolio of 100G+ digital modules (both coherent and direct detect) from concept through design, development, delivery and end-of-life for existing and new products offered in the Oclaro portfolio. He/she is responsible for driving overall product profitability and financial performance. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Product Line Management.
- Management of product portfolio through all stages of product lifecycle (PLC) from business justification to end of life.
- Ensuring the development of the right products on time at a cost that ensures profitability
- Responsible for product and/or portfolio P&L drivers including revenue, costs, margin and capacity investment.
- Driving increased market share through targeted and prioritized design win activity working closely with sales and applications engineering team.
- Provides product definition required to meet customer and market requirements
- Product Specifications
- Product cost requirements and evolution
- Market entry timing and opportunity
- Overall product business case
- Responsible for developing pricing strategy and direct pricing for current product(s) in line with business unit profitability targets including setting pricing guidelines/price lists for sales and driving commercial strategies and customer price negotiations
- Ownership of the product forecast and volume / capacity requirements.
- Driving design-related cost reduction plans in order to meet product(s) gross-margin targets,
- Ownership of the broader technology and roadmap definition in line with the company strategy and technology investments. Communication and alignment on product strategy with customers.
- Product launch strategy/Go-To-Market
- educates salesforce on the product and its opportunity
- establishes target/priority customers
- provides sales force with sales ware (i.e. training, features/benefits – product positioning, pricing, presentation materials, marketing communication strategy/execution (press releases, demos, etc)
- Competitive product analysis and understanding to enable focused differentiation of Oclaro’s product and long term product direction.
- Degree in optics, electronics, electrical engineering, semiconductors or equivalent technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 7-10 years or more relevant working experience in a related position. At least one year working in a similar role and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced technical degree and/or commercial degree (i.e. MBA) desired.
- Extensive travel spending approximately 30% of time with sales & customers
- Keen business and market knowledge/sense.
- Understands market and competitive environment for the product
- Expert understanding of optical communication systems, optical networking and/or of optical components/devices and their design. This position requires the ability to apply knowledge from other products, processes and applications to the problem in hand.
- Experience working in multi-site and multi-culture environments a plus
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with customers and develop strong relationships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability
Apply for this position