Oclaro, Inc. is a leading provider of optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical transport, service provider, wireless backhaul, enterprise and data center markets. Oclaro provides differentiated solutions for optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP, Software as a Service and other bandwidth-intensive and high speed applications.
Senior Process Engineer responsible for backend, backface and diefab. You will provide Process Engineering support to the manufacturing teams based at the Caswell site. The role will primarily entail day to day production process support with a view to minimising scrap and cycle time whilst providing process support to the manufacturing team.
- Backend responsibilities will include e-beam evaporation and sputtering of metal.
- Backface responsibilities include dicing wafers, facet optical coating and visual inspection.
- Maintain and improve the diefab processes.
- Analysis of tool and process data with continuous improvement based on SPC and 6-sigma principles.
- Equipment cross-qualification to ensure continuity of supply and to improve wafer fab capacity and cycle time.
- Prepare and review technical documentation of procedures, publish results and provide training to technicians.
- Ensure high levels of tool availability through use of effective process and tool control strategies.
- Analyse, interpret and respond to measured product data in a timely fashion.
- Apply Lean techniques so as to improve process outcomes and tool performance.
- Liaise with the Product and Test Engineering groups in respect of test results and device performance.
- Assist the Equipment Engineering group with fault finding and recovery of process tools and to assist with developing improved tooling and tool support strategies.
- Meet individual and team targets and objectives.
- Working with various computer software packages including specialist or bespoke computer systems
- Adhere to all site safety and environmental procedures.
- You will work within a multi-disciplined team from a wide range of backgrounds and broad skills base to solve challenging problems with real commercial impact.
- You will provide a professional quality of work in a cost and time conscious environment.
- You will develop an in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- The role presents significant opportunities for personal development and immediate contribution.
- An appropriate degree or HND in science or engineering.
- Proven semiconductor process engineering experience.
- Familiarity with SPC, 6-sigma and similar methodologies.
- Directly related experience in at least one of the 3 production areas (backend, backface or diefab) would be an advantage.
- Experience of computer controlled semiconductor processing equipment or vacuum systems.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve targets whilst using a variety of communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision whilst ensuring that all tasks are completed.
- Competent PC user (including the use of Microsoft Office).
- Experience working within a high-technology manufacturing or production environment.
- Knowledge of photonic integrated circuit manufacture would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of manufacturing execution systems (MES) such as PROMIS and MES concepts such as product re-work procedures, task scheduling, data collection and SPC would be an advantage.
- Meticulous, attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work under pressure, alone or as part of a team.
- Excellent attendance, timekeeping and punctuality.
- Self-motivated and dependable with good communication skills
- Must have a professional attitude to work and to colleagues.
- A flexible approach to work and customer demand.
- Working within a cleanroom environment with the prerequisite use of cleanroom clothing.
- Working pattern will normally be days (9am-5pm), with overtime as determined by production requirements.
- Out of hours support and occasional shift (including night) working may be required.
- The ability to attend site is essential, the site is situated in a rural location and is not served by public transport.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, marital status, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position