Oclaro, Inc. is a leading provider of optical components, modules and subsystems for the core optical transport, service provider, wireless backhaul, enterprise and data center markets. Oclaro provides differentiated solutions for optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP, Software as a Service and other bandwidth-intensive and high speed applications.
- Developing new (and improvements of ) processes required for fabrication of III-V semiconductor wafers in InP optical components.
- Support new chip design and developments for photonic semiconductor components.
- Development of new InP wafer fab processes required for novel chips for new optical fibre transmitter and receiver components, operating at up to 70GH. And ensuring these processes are manufacturable in volume.
- Improvements on existing wafer fab processes for production components, for both coherent and direct detection photonic semiconductor components.
- You will work in a team with other talented scientists and engineers developing state of the art photonic wafer process technology, devices (lasers, modulators, receivers) for optical fire communication apparatus.
- Key contact points will be with PIC designers and wafer fab engineers.
- Degree in physics, electrical/electronic engineering, materials science, semiconductor technology, solid state physics or a related discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of III-V wafer processing techniques.
- Experience in a broad range of semiconductor wafer processing, including but not restricted to several of the following: lithography, dry etching, wet etching, dielectrics/metal deposition patterning, implant, diffusion.
- Process integration of existing and new wafer processes for first time manufacture of new designs on new wafer platforms.
- Knowledge of important aspects of semiconductor materials.
- Ability to use scientific and engineering reasonsing in a wide range of situations.
- Experience of optical chip design or joint working with optical chip designers is beneficial.
- Previous experience of semiconductor materials and devices, semiconductor lasers, semiconductor optical amplifiers (SOA), optical modulators, photonic integrated circuits (PIC)
This post is for a candidate who has at least 5 years III-V wafer processing fabrication experience.
- Energy, enthusiasm and interest in subject.
- Versatility, willingness to learn and adapt.
- Ability to think independently, show initiative and enterprise.
- Innovative problem solving.
- Ability to work in a team with many different skills, to solve challenging problems with real commercial impact.
- Able to communicator with a good standard of written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel worldwide to visit other Oclaro engineering teams.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, marital status, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion or on the basis of disability.
Apply for this position